Friday, July 1, 2011

"A" at Play, New Series

"At Rest"
8x8  Oil on museum quality panel

Well, I'm back painting from my crime partner Julie Hill's photos.  This started with Julie going out to paint "en plein aire" and it ended with her having a new summertime job...taking photos of her daughter to supply my next summer series.   To make things a little more interesting, fellow blogger & wonderful artist, Dana Cooper, threw me an Amanda Paint Off Challenge.  So Julie is feeling the pressure to supply her "best" friend  photos, Amanda's making her list of what would she would accept in payment for her modeling, Dana is working on getting her own set of shots and I'm happily painting away. Stay tuned...it could get very interesting.  Have a Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, double wow!, a big Wowser!!! This is just striking Kelley...the light, the water rendered, her hair...that's my baby! Just love it!!

Anonymous said...

i love the new series. It is new,it's fresh, it's inspiring, it's me! literally she is painting me!!
your #1 model,
Amanda

Bridget Hunter said...

A lovely gentle painting with great brushwork.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Wonderful series you have going here Kelley! And thanks to Amanda - watch out her rates are going to go up!

Dana Cooper said...

Game on Kelley, your portrayal of Amanda is darling! I may have to take that hour(!) drive to get more photos...unless her mother chooses to share! :)

mary maxam said...

Yes, this is very striking, the values are sharp, but the blues so soft.

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderful!! Can just feel the love and what a treat for Julie!!

Gwen Bell said...

The light in this is so gorgeous. Love the relaxed figure too. Everything about this painting says "enjoy the day!" Can't wait to see more of this series!

carol morgan carmichael said...

I am going to send you photos of my sons. They are very sweet and handsome. Go ahead and plan a contest painting them.
Love the softness and beautiful feel of this!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Fantastic atmosphere! Very beautiful!