Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Flowers Today

"Blazing Color"
6x6  Oil on museum quality panel
Available at Open Studio Sale

Decided to take a break from posting my floral series today.  On a rainy day last week, I came across this beautiful leaf on the ground.  Love how gray days always intensify color.  Having never painted a leaf before, I found it a bit of a challenge to keep it from appears too flat.  Think I'll really enjoy looking at this piece come winter, when the trees are bare.  Now I'll go back to painting some more flowers.

6 comments:

Caroline Simas said...

One of my absolute favorites you have done!!!! LOVE it!
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Once again, you have shown us what a master you are with color and perspective. Just a fabulous piece!

Kim Rempel said...

Well done! And a subject close to my heart : )

graziano tessarolo said...

bello!!!

Kim Blair said...

If I lived nearby I'd come to your studio sale. I have no doubt that you will sell quite a bit of work... people better get there early!
Kim

bridgethunter said...

I've been enjoying your flower works very much and this little clour study is a delight.