Monday, August 1, 2011

Workshops & Life Gets In the Way


"Holly Hill House, Catalina"
9x11   Oil on Linen

Time is flying this summer & I can't seem to get control of my easel time.  Between a couple of workshops, teaching, family time & house guests, painting time was scarce.  Today's painting was a demo that I did yesterday during my "Simply Colorful" workshop.  We focused on simplifying subject matter and allowing color to "sing".  It was a great group and I thoroughly enjoying watching their progress.  A special thanks to Rusty for the home grown tomatoes!!!!  I will be offering this workshop again, so if you're interested email me to be notified for upcoming workshops or classes. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool demo you did...and colors here are singing a beautiful song! I am sure your students have walked away this weekend with a fabulous knowledge base for taking their paintings to a new level. Very cool.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what a lovely painting of a cool house.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

That's a DEMO? Wow. Grace under pressure! I love the color, and the subject is so cool! People better sign up quick - I think you're going to be putting up waiting lists soon!

Dana Cooper said...

Your class must have been delighted to see this piece come to life...so fun Kelley!

martinealison said...

Une jolie peinture ... Votre classe peut se réjouir... Gros bisous

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love this Kelley. Lucky students!

Jerry Stocks said...

Did you know this house was on the market in Jan. for $6,500,000? You did a fantastic job of painting it.

mary maxam said...

terrific color and I'll bet it was such a great demo to watch. Have fun with all the activities!

Linda Nickles said...

Beautiful painting, Kelley . . . I love your colors. They do "sing"!

Anonymous said...

Ooh...I do love the new look on your blog...so fresh and your fabulous paintings just pop off the page. well done my friend! And look, I see you have added more workshops and classes to teach...lucky Charlotte peeps.