Thursday, April 22, 2010

Challenge Complete, Artist Done


Sorry for the not great photo but here it is anyway.  Okay, I readily admit I'm not in Hopper's league.  It was hard to approach this painting with restraint in color, brushwork & not "prettying" it up.  I so wanted to add my brushstrokes and mix my colors.  But that's what challenges are for.  I want to "thank" Adelaide Simpson who challenged me to paint "Morning Light".  Your "reward" is coming.  Now it's time for Adelaide & anyone else to comment. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cathyann. I just see all the flaws. Worked from the image off my computer. Lesson learned. Next time print off a copy of the image. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.

The Shiny Pebble said...

It is fantastic because it is your interpretation of it. Do a second one with your own colors... it would be so much fun to see it.

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? This interpretation is spot on and really lovely!

Ralph said...

beautiful I will say no more because that says all

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's great!
I also did a 'fake' Edward Hopper in Feb of 2008 and posted it on my blog. I loved painting one of his paintings!
Yes, I worked from a photo on a small calendar I have.