Monday, October 10, 2011

Bees & Honey - SOLD

"Honeydew"
7x8  Canvas mounted on foam core
$185

Once again my friend, Julie Hill, is poking me about not being a sappy person.  So here's my final response, the above painting is as sweet as I get (get it "HONEY"dew).  While I can't quiet buy into the sappiness, I do treasure our friendship.  I just ask that we don't encourage her anymore.  I can only handle so much sweetness.  And remember that along with the "honey" comes the bees. So while she presents herself dripping in honey, the stinger is always poise to strike.  Now, I'm off to watch Dexter to remove any lingering sap!  Enjoy my palette knife painting.  Have a fab (non-sappy) week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dexter!!!!Seriously???? how very un-sappy of you...but way to be consistent!! I believe the "Sappy-Souls Unite" meeting is tonite...would you like to join us? (no bees, I promise).

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Love the texture in this ...and what are those background colors?..to die for!

Unknown said...

Julie, do you really believe that I would show up to your meeting? Sweetening me up with compliments is not enough for me to show up to the beehive. But have a good time. Buzzzzzzzzzz!

Anonymous said...

Yea....well, the next item on the "Sappy-Souls Unite" agenda is a planned intervention for the very-unsentimental Kelley Sanford...just thought you may want to join us....before those extremists get out of hand...

Unknown said...

Should anyone be really scared about a "Sappy-Souls Unite" intervention?

mary maxam said...

Fabulous thick brushwork & color-very nice! IE tells me I'm looking at the 'non-dynamic' version of your site, but looks dynamic to me- ha!