Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yellow House, Beaufort SOLD!

"Yellow House, Beaufort"
6x6  $95 + $10 s/h

If you have never ridden with an artist, then you haven't felt real fear.  Artists are always looking for potential subject matter even when we drive.  After dropping off paintings at my gallery in Beaufort, I cut down a side street and found this.  The light was spilling over this home and I had to have a picture.  I quickly grabbed my camera and took a shot thru the front windshield.  I was so excited until I realized that my car had come to a stop in the middle of an intersection.  Thank goodness there were no other cars only 2 tourists (I hope not locals) looking at me like I was crazy.  I rolled down my window and said "I'm an artist, just had to have that picture".  They politely smiled and no doubt thought there goes another crazy artist.  Yep!  That's me.

8 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Your post made me laugh because I think we can all relate to your story....and I love the results, beautiful!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Oh I love this!!! Did the same thing last week in Beaufort!! Too funny :) I think the locals are used to this, tthough at times, I do wish I could flip my license plate with a button and pretend I was a tourist too:)

I'm holding my head high now and using "I'm an artist" from now on"!

A beautiful painting!!

Ralph said...

Been there done it and got the painting to prove it. But usually it is the sight of a mountain that does this to me

martinealison said...

Très jolie peinture et vivante!! Bravo.

Anonymous said...

absolutely spot on...have those moments nearly daily! great painting today, the light and color usage well done.

Kim Blair said...

Yes, I can relate too. Love the bit of orange peeking through the white in the woodwork.
Charming.
Kim

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Do it all the time. Does God look out for artists drunks and fools? I think so.
I swore I made a comment on this fantastic painting, but it's not here so I dreamed it. The color harmony is wonderful as is the drawing.

Lisa Daria said...

Well worth defying the laws of traffic safety! This painting is great and I love that you captured it from a photo - I understand about driving, I've noticed butterflies while I drive - so. . . not. . . good. . . !