Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rumors of My Demise - SOLD!!!!!!!

"From the Flower Shop"
6x8   Oil on museum on panel
I can't believe it has been 2 months since I've painted.  Frustrating doesn't even begin to explain how my day at the easel went.  Wiped one but was determined not to leave without a completed painting.  If I hadn't pushed through today, tomorrow would probably have been a bigger disaster.  I think I set my expectations too high.  Wanted to try out a different color palette, work on my edge quality & anticipated painting flowers that weren't available at the florist.  In the end, I was just happy that I remembered how to mix colors and which end of the brush to use.  Getting that first piece behind me is a good feeling.  I'll be back at the easel tomorrow with slightly less ambitious goals. 

P.S.  Thanks to all who emailed or called me during my absence to make sure that I was still alive and hadn't given up painting. 
 

10 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Welcome back, Kelley! It's good to see you painting and posting again. This is bright and cheerful; love the colors.

Fay Terry said...

Yay Kelley! Glad you're back. It may have been frustrating but the end result looks pretty great to me.
Tomorrow will be a piece of cake.

Anonymous said...

So very excited that my best gal pal is back in the swing of her life....so missed seeing your phenomenal work out here. A lovely piece to give you a fresh start to your new season. well done!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So glad to see your paintings again! For a frustrating day you certainly turned out a bright, cheery painting. It's terrific and screams Summer!! Happy Painting, you'll get your grove back:)--you've already started

Dana Cooper said...

So glad to see you back and in such good form Kelley...I wil look forward to what is next!

martinealison said...

De la fraîcheur et de l'été en pot...
Belles nuances de couleurs...
gros bisous.

Lee said...

I love the colors in this! Wonderful composition.

Jerry Stocks said...

Missed you.

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

Love this! Very nice work.

Ralph said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing