Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rainy Day Colors


"Rainy Day, New York"
8x6  Oil on museum quality panel

At DPW Auction, click here to bid

There is something about a rainy day that I find intriguing.  Colors are more intense and oh,lala, those reflections.   Truth be told, I paint marsh scenes just to play with the reflections.  Now I'm going to play with rainy days for the reflections too.   So if you're in Charlotte on a rainy day & you  see a blonde precariously holding an umbrella & a camera, that will be me.  Don't block my view!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh.... I mean oohLaLa....love love this piece. The play of colors in this is just fantastic my friend. I'd say you are much more daring than I...on rainy days, I won't budge out of my car for a photo op.

M R Anand said...

i agree, the colours during rain are so intense and the reflections so very captivating! love the way you have captured both!

mary maxam said...

Your violets in these recent paintings are particularly enchanting! A great looking rainy day!