Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Under Construction

"Under Construction"
6x6 Oil on Panel
$95

Another idea, another study.  My students hear me say (probably more times than they care to hear), do a study before you dive into a painting.  Better to work out the issues on a small piece instead of a 36x36. Which is exactly what I didn't do on a rather recent 36x36.  I was so sure that I had it all worked out.  HA!  I now have a great underpainting for my next 36x36.  So to all my lovely students, DO I say, Not as I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a successful piece...so intriguing....and so unique! So looking forward to the larger painting.

Lori Twiggs said...

I'm curious as to what you are unhappy about with this painting. I think it's beautiful and interesting! I will be interested to see how the next version turns out! :)