Monday, May 21, 2012

On the Easel

"Top of the Ridge"
20x30 Oil on Canvas
Email me if you are interested in this piece.
It's scary how easily I lost the desire to paint when life threw a big curve my way. I've been struggling to get back into painting. Usually painting is my solace but not recently. I couldn't seem to manage to put a paintbrush in hand or even play with color. However, sometime last week I took control and started painting again. I feel something new emerging. Thanks for support and patience while I wrestle the painting demons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaye!!!! She's back....and with a vengence...way to show those demons!!! LOVE LOVE THIS PIECE. so serene but solid.

Fay Terry said...

Hi Kelley, it's so nice to hear from you again with such a great painting on your blog.
Keep wrestling- you are winning!

martinealison said...

J'aime la présence de ses adorables maisons... Elles donnent de la hauteur à votre colline... J'aime aussi la lumière qui apporte une grande sérénité à ce lieu.
gros bisous

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderfully done Kelley! I think we all understand the curves that life can throw at us and each deal with those in our own way. Glad to see you back and know you will win the wrestling match with the painting demons! You have a gift to paint and also to teach- grab it back with both hands and have at it!

Karen Johnston Daily Paintings said...

Glad to hear you are painting again Kelley....love this one!

c.dingman said...

Great paintings. Love the compositions.