Thursday, September 16, 2010

Property Management - SOLD!!

"Passing By"
6x6  Sold
This painting was a bit of a challenge...eliminated 3 buildings on left and one on the right.  I believe that the  owner was certainly more interested in the functionality of his property that the aesthetics.  I, of course, felt that he should move or eliminate a few things.  Guess that's the good thing about being an artist, I can rearrange to suit my purposes.   That has to be much better than knocking on one of his "many" doors and saying..."Hi, I'm an artist" and I can help you reconfigure your property.  Much safer too! 

11 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Really lovely piece Kelley...sometimes the editing is the hardest part of the painting but you knocked this one out of the park!

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend...way to keep the best and eliminate the worst..it all works! Although, I am sure he would of had that Southern hospitality thing going on if you did knock on his door, suggesting he re-arrange his property!

LindaHunt said...

This is such a beautiful painting. Simple, clear clean color, great composition (editing), and luscious soft feeling. Very very nice!!

Kathy Weber said...

Nice and sunny. I really like the feel of this painting.

Barbara Pask said...

I love your style, soft and impressionistic and such a wonderful feel of sunlight.

Kim Blair said...

Lovely brush work,painterly with impressionistic light qualities.
Kim

Gary Keimig said...

nice fresh luscious colors, Kelly. You did a great job on this painting.

mary maxam said...

this is great and looks like it was effortless, very nice

Leovi said...

Poderosa pincelada.

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

Very nice!

Caroline Peña Bray said...

This s great, Kelley. I love the softness of the edges and the colours in the foreground. Wonderful stuff!