Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rumors of My Demise - SOLD!!!!!!!

"From the Flower Shop"
6x8   Oil on museum on panel
I can't believe it has been 2 months since I've painted.  Frustrating doesn't even begin to explain how my day at the easel went.  Wiped one but was determined not to leave without a completed painting.  If I hadn't pushed through today, tomorrow would probably have been a bigger disaster.  I think I set my expectations too high.  Wanted to try out a different color palette, work on my edge quality & anticipated painting flowers that weren't available at the florist.  In the end, I was just happy that I remembered how to mix colors and which end of the brush to use.  Getting that first piece behind me is a good feeling.  I'll be back at the easel tomorrow with slightly less ambitious goals. 

P.S.  Thanks to all who emailed or called me during my absence to make sure that I was still alive and hadn't given up painting. 
 
Post a Comment