Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unexpected Painting Time

"Abundance of Radishes"
6x6  Oil on museum quality panel
$95

Fitting in 3 whole hours of painting time doesn't exist in my world most days.  But today, my Wednesday students had their lives going in different directions (Hawaii, Kentucky, etc.) and that left me with no students and a quiet studio.  So I managed to complete a previously started 12x12, paint the radishes & almost complete a second 6x6.  I packed in as much as I could today and left the studio feeling great.  Now I'm off to do my favorite chore...grocery shopping.  I can just feel that euphoric feeling evaporating quickly. 

11 comments:

Caroline Simas said...

LOVE the radish colors!!! You are so incredibly talented!

Anonymous said...

Well here's hoping the grocery store didn't zap you euphoria. Well done for productivity...and well done on todays piece. Hard to believe its a 6x6....it reads so much larger.

Patti Self said...

I LOVE radishes...well, the way they LOOK, I really hate the way they taste. I love to "decorate" or garnish things with several colors of them. Just beautiful. Ahhhh. You made me start thinking about spring.....

SUSAN RODEN said...

I LOVE to go grocery shopping ... and eating:)

Isn't the grocery store pack-jammed with colors? Inspiring.... and looks by these colorful radishes you were already there. Lovely Kelley!

Dana Cooper said...

This is beautiful Kelley...painting time is precious but you get a lot into a few hours!

martinealison said...

Ces radis... de véritables bonbons...
Moi qui adore les radis et qui en croque en longueur de journée, même à l'atelier en peignant, je me réjouis de les admirer dans cette toile qui ne manque pas d'énergie.
I love them!
Bisous

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Nothing like those flourescents of the grocery store to dampen a mood! Wow, such achievement in one day. Life certainly gets in the way of painting time on a regular basis. Love these radishes and the variety of color.

LindaHunt said...

This is a nice joyful little painting that makes a big statement! Love the radishes...

mary maxam said...

I forget about white radishes, what good contrast to your reds. and, I like the variety of greens

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is a fabulous painting. Luscious reds and beautiful arrangement.

Sophie said...

Very creative ppost