Sunday, February 27, 2011

Diving off the High Board

 
"Betting on Orange"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
Reserved

As an artist, I hope that I never become stagnant in my work.  Staying in one place with my art would be the day that I walk away from painting.  For several months, I've been wanting to explore some abstraction in my work but haven't had the right subject matter to make me take the plunge...until now.  Off to the Races was the first painting I attempted to make a shift but while it was a "nice" painting, it didn't hit the mark.  So I'm back at it.  Not sure where I'll end up but diving off the high board is the only way to find out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so VERY much love this painting...the boldness of your colors and brushstrokes....the abstraction obtained yet so clear what your subject matter is...so very well done!! I cant wait to see more of these!!

Kathy Cousart said...

You managed to get it just right! We know what everything is but there is a loose lovely abstract quality that is just perfect. The shapes, colors, atmosphere and overall composition is really seriously good:) Congrats on taking a leap and doing very well:)

Karen Bruson said...

Love this! It is so abstract and colorful.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Just amazing, Kell. I like the abstraction, too! You go ahead and LEAP!

Dana Cooper said...

Funny that before I read your post I was struck by the abstract quality of this little beauty!