Friday, June 24, 2011

En Plein Air

"Frolicking"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
$95

My partner in crime, Julie Hill, has been trying her hand at plein air painting the last few days.  While painting from some lovely sites, she's been "kind" enough to share her photos with me.  Living in California with beautiful scenery and wonderful weather has made me a little envious given that I'm currently landlocked and hot!  So while she paints the scenery, I've to decided to join in by painting her daughter playing in the stream.  Thanks for sharing Julie and tell Amanda that she is the perfect model. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How incredibly fantastic and awesome is this!! Well, I call this a "win-win situation"...only thing better would be if you were here joining me on my new plein air summer adventures. A' is gonna just adore this. Kelley, this is such a strong piece...well done!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

So nice to have a buddy to share great inspirational images with!!!! I love this one - I love 'frolicking', too, and just the whole word! I'm loving the Summer series, too... go...Go....GO!

Anonymous said...

Love the painting it try not to be too good of a model
Thanks
Your model Amanda

Unknown said...

Amanda, I'm so happy you love the painting. What's your next modeling job? Haha.

Dana Cooper said...

Love, love, love this Kelley...beautiful model too!
Looking forward to the summer series!!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Beautiful...love it and the tabasco below!

martinealison said...

Très jolie peinture... Je suis certaine que vous avez passé de bons moments... Le bonheur se traduit sur cette toile.
Gros bisous

SUSAN RODEN said...

This is such a lovely piece with a wonderful play on lights Kelley!

Marian Fortunati said...

This is terrific, Kelly!!

A GREAT painting... Good for both of you...