Thursday, June 23, 2011

"From the Pantry" - New Summertime Series

"Spicy"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
$95

With summer comes my desire to find good, fun, easy on the brain kind of books.  So in that vain, here's my new series of fun, easy on the brain kind of paintings.  In cooking they say if you can hit the salty, sweet, sour, spicy & crunchy notes in a dish it's a good thing.  So I hope to hit all the right notes in this series.   Not so sure about the crunchy but I'll give it a try.  Happy Summer!


5 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime le contraste des couleurs dans cette peinture... tout comme le contraste des goûts...
Gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

So very excited for your summer series. What a way to hit off with a bang with todays piece. For the " crunchy"... Try walnuts...or a box of your fav crackers.

Jerry Stocks said...

This is a great painting. Makes me wish for oysters and saltine crackers.

Pam Holnback said...

Love the use of complements.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Just in time for a Sunday Bloody Mary! Knew you would never fail me Kelley.
Nice . . . all settled in?