Monday, January 30, 2012

In Motion

"Pebble Beach"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
Commission - SOLD

As they say in life, timing is everything.   With my last painting, I talked about wanting to bring some movement into my paintings.  I wasn't happy with the last piece...it felt forced.  Then as luck would have it, I received a commission to paint this golfer.   Lucky for me his wife, is a fabulous photographer, Jennings King.  While I've never met her, I was commissioned a couple of years ago to do a painting as a wedding gift for her.  Small world. What a fun commission (can't always say that) and the painting practically flew off the brush.   Good day at the easel!

3 comments:

Jennings C. King said...

Kelley! The painting is just wonderful! Thank you so much and I can't wait to see it in person. What priceless painting we will forever have in our family, to remind us of the awesome day playing Pebble Beach and our trip to California! It looks just like Brennen and his back swing! I can't wait to present it to him for his 34th birthday!! I'll be back! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd say an awesome day at the easel...anytime a resulting painting is such as this! The way you set up the composition, the way you captured his movement, and the way you caught the light...all so masterfully applied with your painterly brushwork. Yes, very awesome!!

Jerry Stocks said...

Wow, Kelly, you really captured everything. This is a great painting!!!