Sunday, March 7, 2010

Charlotte Street, St. Augustine

 
8x6 

I so didn't remember the name of this street until I googled it.  What a coincidence...my memory is worst than I thought.  And I lived just two streets away.  I may not remember the street name but I clearly remember the colors, wonky windows & balconies, cobblestone streets & cool shade that you seek out on the hot summer days.  Love how you get a sense of place & atmosphere on a canvas.  Think I'll go grab a glass of tea and comtemplate my next painting. 

If you are interested in this piece, please contact me at kelleyart@gmail.com

6 comments:

Paul C said...

It's amazing what beautiful paintings you can create in a day and the recurring motifs of colour and style.

Michelle said...

Love your work! Great color and so refreshing!

Bonnie Heather said...

Really nice painting. I want to be there.

Artoholic said...

Very atmospheric - a real sense of place indeed!

How was your tea? I'm off for a pot of English Brekkie right now!

Cheers,

Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for such wonderful comments. I'm still contemplating the next painting. Probably post something tomorrow. Off the drink a cup of Irish Breakfast.

martinealison said...

Belle lumière...