Friday, March 5, 2010

From Cinque Terra to St. Augustine

Thought I would show a progression of a painting.  I will post the completed piece tomorrow.  Missing St. Augustine this time of year.  I lived there for a few years and loved it.  Had the best view of the Bridge of Lions from one window and a view of the "skyline" of downtown St. Augustine out the other.  Favorite spot in March (actually anytime) was sitting out on the upstairs balcony at A1A Bewery watching the tourists below and boats sailing under the Bridge of Lions drawbridge while drinking a glass of wine & feeling the ocean breeze.  Okay, now I'm depressed.  Glad it's Friday.

3 comments:

Silvia C said...

Oh how beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. I love Cinque Terra. My family's from Italy so those places are very close to my heart. Have a fabulous weekend!

Susan Roux said...

Ok, you have me dreaming too...

The Shiny Pebble said...

Hi Kelley, just found you thru Casa Bella and you are the first painter's blog I ever visited. I think I lucked out because I like your style. Also there is something about artists... they all seem to know something and they hint to their knowledge through their art.