Thursday, March 18, 2010

The 1st Challenge

The painting challenge is on!  Hopefully every month or so, I will post a challenge asking for photos or request that represent the subject of each challenge.  Sometimes it will be a specific subject matter, a phrase or word or interpreting a famous painting.  The rules are simple, from the information that you respond with, I will choose one photo or request and paint it.  The painting will be featured on my blog with the winning person's response.  Good or bad, I'll post it, maybe.

Now for 1st Challenge.  Because I've only given you a short period of time, I won't ask for a photo.  Instead, choose a fairly well known artist.  It will need to be from a deceased artist & I will have to be able to obtain a good image of it.  It could be a Monet, a DaVinci, Sargent or any number of wonderful artists.  I will "interpret" the painting to the best of my ability.  If you are unsure of where to obtain a painting image, just google any artist name & there usually are a few sites that provide a number of paintings from a particular artist.  Then just email the name of the artist & painting or link the site for me. You will have until Friday, March 26th to email me your challenge.  Then I will have until the end of April to paint & post it.  I hope to post it before then but I have a couple of events that so it may take me until the end of April.  I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but go to it!  Challenge me.


No comments: