Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Revisiting Italy

8x6  

 Here's a demo that I did for a student today.  It's from a photo that I had taken in the Cinque Terre region of Italy several years ago.  Cinque Terre is a series of 5 villages set along the coast of Italy.  You can walk between these towns along the rocky, rugged coast.  Not a journey for the height challenged but beautiful nonetheless.  I  hiked between three of the villages before taking a gelato break, catching a boat &  train for the last two.  Worth the hike to see the beautiful coast dotted with terracotta colored buildings & turquoise waters. 

3 comments:

Marie Theron said...

Hi Kelley, I love the way you soften the background detail. A very pleasing composition! It sounds like a very fortunate student to have a one-on-one demo!

Unknown said...

Thanks Marie. I enjoy doing demos especially if it's a subject close to my heart.

myra anderson said...

This is beautiful!