Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chewing Gum & Walking at the Same Time

Oyster Gatherers of Cancale
John Singer Sargent

Okay, so I've been kinda quiet for the last week or so.  But I have been busy reworking my studio. Cleaning out about 6 yrs. worth of old canvases, moving furniture, getting still life props organized, etc. and then trying to get out my first newsletter, added 2 new classes for June & scheduling my summer workshops.  Hence the title.  But never fear, I'll be back at the easel tomorrow, can't wait.  And in  the mist of the craziness, some exciting news but you'll have to wait until Monday.  In the meantime, enjoy one of my all time favorite paintings, the Oyster Gatherers by John Singer Sargent. 

5 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

This painting, okay a print of this painting, is in my living room!
Can't wait to see what the clean out brings to your art!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Kelley--have missed seeing your paintings--looking forward to you being BACK!!

SUSAN RODEN said...

Hey, I haven't mastered chewing gum + walking at the same time - you are coordinated Kelley (and I am jealous).
Can't wait to see what's being unveiled on Monday! And to see what you will paint next.... on pins and needles here in San Diego.

Anonymous said...

Okay...don't laugh..but I don't get it? chewing gum and walking? All I know is you are so very talented...too much so ...to take off this much time...we miss your lovely works!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is one of my favorite paintings of his.
I had a bonfire last Thanksgiving and torched 3 boxes of paintings that I had lugged around for years. Unfinished, uninspired. Gone. It was very freeing!