Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Top of To Do List

"Favorite Brush"
8x6  $95


I'm moving "learn how to take a decent photo" to the top of the list.  Being in a hurry, gotta go to the grocery, get gas, go to the bank,etc. is no excuse for taking a "wonky" photo.  I quickly took this pix this morning and thought I had a pretty good image until I uploaded it.  Staring at me on my screen is a somewhat leaning painting.  I will vouch that the brush was painted straight but you'll just to take my word for it. I straightened it the best I could. This is probably a good time to post that I'm looking for an assistant, who doesn't need to be paid, will do all the things I don't want to do, do it with a smile, also added duty, taking non-wonky photos.  I'll let you know when the assistant is on the job.  Is that mocking laughter I hear?

9 comments:

SUSAN RODEN said...

Hey, I want one of those assistants too Kelley! Tell me where you find him / her.
And the blue just pops this paint brush. Love the starkness - feels vulnerable, which sounds much like what you have been experiencing -it will get better.

Karena said...

Very fun work of art, Love it!

Karena
Art by Karena

Leslie Saeta said...

Talk to Dreama. She has an assistant. and I am really jealous.
I like your painting ... bad photo or not. And I REALLY lie your Meeebo box. Do you have it working on your phone yet?

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Trying to post something clever..not easy to do at 2:30 AM. Need assistant to tell me to get my buns in bed....sorry for leaving wonky comment...(and I am concerned with you having more time in three weeks. ARE YOU CLONING YOURSELF??????)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Heh, Heh, Heh.... I want one, too. AND a wife, so my husband and I can just do what we want to do all day, paint, garden, etc., and when we get home the laundry, dishes, shopping, etc. will get done, AND there'll be a nice meal waiting for us!

Kim Rempel said...

I like the spare quality of this one. Power through simplicity. And if you have any extra applicants, can you send them here? ; )

Anonymous said...

Kelley, love the color choices in this..and the simplicity. i agree with Susan, something vulnerable about this. Would love to see another. Oh and about the assistant...that's a fabulous idea!

mary maxam said...

I like the "off" angle here and the thick paint at the end. makes me want to go pick up a brush right NOW

Ralph said...

Can I apply for the job please?? I have a brush like that it refuses to do what I tll it.