Monday, August 23, 2010

No Pressure!

"Blueberries"
12x12   SOLD

Today's painting is one of my favorites and came out of an idea I explored last summer taking a different view of fruit. The series was titled "Through the Orchard".  I entered the titled piece into a juried show called "Carolina's Got Art" with another piece and was honored to have it accepted and now it's time again to enter again.  A small hitch in the plan this year, I've had no time to create new pieces to enter and I now have 7 days to do so.  Been busy teaching workshops & classes, being a full-time caregiver of a parent and this weekend, I got the flu. Is someone trying to tell me something, like don't bother entering the show?  Maybe I should listen and let the show pass, yet that's not in my DNA.  So I'm going to put my head down and see if I can't create a worthy piece or two to enter.  Not feeling 100% sure that it's going to happen.  No pressure here!  Wish me luck. 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it girlfriend. Yes you can! And it will be a phenomenal piece too!

Linda Popple said...

This painting is beautiful! You should paint for the show! Your work is amazing. So go for it!!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Good Luck! Sometimes life get in the way:)

I love your piece this week. Great colors and composition. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this "Carolinas' Got Art" is pretty impressive...no surprise you got into it last year...and will again this year. Now go paint girlfriend!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I came to your site to comment on your terrific marsh scene and found this blueberry. They are both great, great choice of background color on the blueberries and your knife paintings have given me an itch to try a few again.

Leslie Saeta said...

Keep painting my dear. And the contest looks really cool. Too bad I don't live in Carolina.
So, I see your last two paintings with knives sold ... hmmm ... that's pretty cool. The knife rocks!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the blueberry piece. Hope you feel better.

Ruth Andre said...

Here is a wish of luck. Feel better too. I love the Blueberries painting. Lovely brushwork.

Pam Holnback said...

This is great! Love the composition and colors!

Karen Bruson said...

Just absolutely gorgeous painting. You have to give the show a try. Go girl!

George De Chiara said...

Great piece. Very unique look to it.
Painting when your sick is no fun, hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for the kind & supportive comments. We'll see weeks' end whether I've pulled it off.

Kerri Settle said...

The blueberry painting is a treat - I love the creams against the blues and greens, and the composition.

Good luck, whatever you decide on!

Trevor Lingard said...

I very much enjoy your immediate style of work.
I hope you will allow me to follow your very intereting blog.
Regards

Rob Hazzard said...

LOVE your blueberries! Sometimes the best work is created under tight time constraints, best of luck

Stephen Parker said...

This is fantastic, Kelley. The stroke and paint quality scream Van Gogh to me, though I actually like the muted yellow in yours better than some of his. Good luck in this year's show.

No pressure, indeed:)

Nan Johnson said...

I love these blueberries! Wonderful complementary color palette, and just the right bit of detail. Love it!