Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Is a full night sleep really necessary?

"Blue Flowers"
6x6  oil on museum quality panel
Available at Open Studio Sale

The first part of the week I got less than 4 hours sleep a night and was very productive in the painting department.  Example, today's painting was done yesterday.  Last night, I got a full 8 hours and couldn't paint $&((@# today.  So I guess I have a choice... Really reduced sleep =  Productive Painter OR  Full sleep = Productive person in every other aspect of my life.  Happy Wednesday. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this piece...it is so striking. Sorry I can't help you with the sleeping issue = painting issue...but feel you girlfriend!

Kim Rempel said...

very pretty!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I vote you sleep every OTHER night. That way your life won't spin out of control... you won't get sick, and you'll still get to paint!!!

Pam Holnback said...

What about 6 hours every night!?

Marian Fortunati said...

LOVE the painting.... Wouldn't like not sleeping to get it though...

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mirian.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Saving time to eat too? That's a necessity in my book!
Striking little painting - and especially fond of the small patches of red orange bursting through Kelley.

martinealison said...

Nous logeons à la même enseigne ma chère !!
Je ne dors jamais plus de 4 h par nuit. Je peins beaucoup aussi, cependant je suis moins productrice, enfin je peins lentement (1 toile /mois).
J'aime beaucoup cette peinture aux fleurs bleus... les fleurs bleus sont toujours belles. Bisous

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Just love these last three flower postings. They remind me a lot of Manet's last flower paintings. So loose and subtle and fresh.
sometimes I think painting is like a lot of other endeavors...its about the momentum. If you keep at it, you can keep going. Stop for awhile, and it takes awhile to get back in.