Sunday, October 24, 2010

Justification

"Green Bottle"
6x6  Oil on museum quality panel
Available at my Open Studio Sale

Life seems to be getting busier & busier.  I find myself juggling the role of a full time caregiver, trying to paint for 5 different events, teaching & all the other daily chores.  I'm not complaining at all.  I just did something for myself that I would have "never" considered doing.  I just ordered groceries online.  Someone else is shopping for me.  Woohoo!  If you know me, you know how I despite going to the grocery store, except to shop for still life props,of course.  Of all the things that I do, shopping is the most daunting task.  So today, I celebrate a great day.  I painted, cleaned, paid bills & will shortly drive to the store, open the trunk & let someone else load the groceries.  Justification is a beautiful thing. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a treat....you so deserve it. I wonder if you can add to your personal grocery shopper list "something for still lives, perhaps in the green shades". What a lovely piece today. So fresh and loose. Sweet.

Lisa Daria said...

I like this painting and good for you w/the groceries! More time to paint!

Karen Bruson said...

Another beautiful painting. Love those angled strokes.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Kelley, this is so appealing, fresh and lovely. I like all the colors you found in the background against the vibrant orange/red of the flower.

Life does have a way of running away with you. I am much busier now that I am retired than I was when I worked full time and raised a family. How does that happen!!??

LindaHunt said...

Love your flower paintings they are very lushcious. Your brushwork is full of wonderful color and fits together like a mosaic. Very nice!
Never knew you could order groceries on line!!