Monday, February 21, 2011

Small Study, Big Idea

"Interlude"
6x8   Oil on museum quality panel
$95


In my classes this week, we're working on a landscape & this is demo from today's class. I'm  trying to work on some larger pieces for my favorite gallery at the coast.  These smaller pieces are letting me work out what I want to explore in larger formats.  I really like the high horizon in this one and playing up the color in the marsh grass.  Now the only question is...how big do I want to go? 


14 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Very pretty! Your brushwork is very nice and I like the reflections in the water.

Jerry Stocks said...

Great colors.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous brush work...such a loose but spot one painting. The reflections and the colors in the distance are just lovely....oh and I say..go big!

Pattie Wall said...

Love your brushstrokes - nice looseness and beautiful color!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Love this one, Kelley. I like the colors and the reflections, too. I love the 30 inch format... maybe you would, too!

Unknown said...

Wonderful color harmony and awesome brushwork!

Kathy Cousart said...

This is wonderful- I can just see it really big- go for it:) You can tackle it and we all want to see:) Gorgeous colors- just use a bigger brush, right?

Dewberry Fine Art said...

This will be very nice in a larger format. Wonderful color and composition.

martinealison said...

Un moment de plénitude... dans cette peinture.
Bisous

carol morgan carmichael said...

Ditto to all above. I always get here too late. Love your paintings!

Dana Cooper said...

Small study, great big results...beautiful Kelley!

Ruth Andre said...

This is such a nice landscape. The color is so fresh.

Connie Chadwell said...

Beautiful brushwork and color - fresh and expressive!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I find this one to be especially appealing. Would love to see the larger version.