Friday, February 11, 2011

Get in, Get out SOLD!!!!!!

"Impressions"
6x6   Museum quality panel
$95
SOLD
One of my goals as an artist is to maintain the freshness in a painting.  For me it's a bit harder the larger I go but in my small studies, I think I can achieve this.  Mainly one pass of paint, lay the brushstroke down and move on.  As in "get in, get out".  While one area needed tweaking, I'm mostly satisfied.  I'm starting some larger paintings over the next few weeks, let's see if I can maintain the freshness.  Sorry the photo isn't very good, I'll try to repost.


7 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

I like your concept of "get in, get out". . . it's something I'm striving for. And I like this little painting even more. Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful....loving how the glow off the sunset reflects of the water.

Karen Bruson said...

Looks beautiful. Love the colors. Congrats on your sale.

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely piece Kelley, I look forward to the larger work.

martinealison said...

Cette dernière peinture est remplie de fraîcheur avec de belles nuances de couleurs...
Bisous

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful colors and painting! And the title fits with what happened- Get in, Get out...SOLD! Awesome:)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

What is not to like about THIS painting? I'm not surprised at ALL that it sold! It takes you to a happy place, lovely harmonious colors, glorious reflections... great job!