Saturday, February 27, 2010

She ain't what she used to be

6x8 
Intended to paint a still life today but woke up wanting to do a landscape.  Not my strong suit but I had taken a picture of this wreck of a house a few years ago and it spoke to me.  Yard overgrown, house in need of repair but you can image that it was once a beautiful home.  If you knew my life right now, you might find a bit of irony in this painting.  Let me know what you think.

If you are interested in this painting, you can contact me at kelleyart@gmail.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this one! The colors are great, it has such a welcoming spring feel to it!!

Dana Johnson Plein air Artist said...

this is wonderful!the colors are so very rich....all of your work is so full of life....great impressionistic style

L.Holm said...

It's great!