Friday, September 10, 2010

When Did He Grow Up?


"Father & Son"
6x6   $95
Yesterday my nephew turned 11.  Where did the time go?  When he was born I was just barely getting back into my art after leaving the corporate world.  Time marches on, things change, growth happens but thankfully some things stay the same.  He still crawls into bed with me early in the morning, gently tapping me on the shoulder to let me know he's arrived, he still beats me at "Trouble" and he still talks (not grunts) to me.  We've had these constants in our life since he was old enough to crawl out of his crib.  I realized that it's time to start painting my niece & nephew again to capture the memories.  He's just lucky I don't have a picture of him dancing in his diapers.  Happy Belated Birthday, H! 

P.S.  His sister is next!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous moment you have captured here between a father and son....a real blessing. Love all the colors and the movement of the canoe...so well done.

Marian Fortunati said...

Love the lively color in this Kelley!

SUSAN RODEN said...

Grow like weeds Kelley! Before you know it, they have families too.

A very nice tribute and b'day wish.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Lovely painting and tribute!! I know what you mean about the time going by so fast. I'm trying to paint paintings of my boys as much as possible.

Rod Wimer said...

hey friend-LOVE the reflections!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the water.

Angela Sullivan said...

I love this painting.

Ruth Ann Greenberg said...

Beautiful piece! Makes me feel that way about my own son. Nice brushwork
as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I see you entered this piece in the Bold Brush Competition, I am going over right now and voting for my favorite painting (i.e. yours)!

Lisa Daria said...

Love the reflections - beautiful.

Lisa Daria said...

Love the reflections - beautiful.

Gwen Bell said...

The reflections in this are amazing! Really beautiful!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful sense of light here... and time sure does fly. My youngest nephew just started pre-school!! Amazing.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

That's a fabulous painting and I can relate to the nephew story.
I have two wonderful little boys who are growing up too fast. I posted a photo of them on Labor Day weekend at the beach.