Friday, September 10, 2010

When Did He Grow Up?


"Father & Son"
6x6   $95
Yesterday my nephew turned 11.  Where did the time go?  When he was born I was just barely getting back into my art after leaving the corporate world.  Time marches on, things change, growth happens but thankfully some things stay the same.  He still crawls into bed with me early in the morning, gently tapping me on the shoulder to let me know he's arrived, he still beats me at "Trouble" and he still talks (not grunts) to me.  We've had these constants in our life since he was old enough to crawl out of his crib.  I realized that it's time to start painting my niece & nephew again to capture the memories.  He's just lucky I don't have a picture of him dancing in his diapers.  Happy Belated Birthday, H! 

P.S.  His sister is next!


Post a Comment