Sunday, September 19, 2010

20 Minutes

"Last of Summer"
7x5   $95

What do you do with less than 30 minutes to spare & watermelon that is lovely but not so tasty?  Of course, you paint!  Normally, I wouldn't consider going to my easel with such a little amount of time but I'm glad it did.  It forced me to quickly note on the canvas what was in front of me.  Just grabbing the essence and nothing else.  It feels a little unfinished but very direct and fresh.  Which is exactly what I want my paintings to convey.  I highly recommend setting a timer and seeing what happens. 





13 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Those reds are lovely. I can't believe you painted this in 30 minutes! Wow!

Anonymous said...

This is so fresh and juicy...not talking about the watermelon...today's painting. I love all the reds and the looseness in here.

Karen Bruson said...

This is just lovely. Your colors and paint application are luscious.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Loose and lush!
Reds are so dramatic.

LindaHunt said...

I really like what happened in those twenty minutes!! Luscious is definately the right word.

Nan Johnson said...

LOVE the reds in this! Wonderful!

Gwen Bell said...

Love those watermelon reds! 20 min.? Amazing!

Kim Blair said...

Nice loose work. Love the reflections.
Kim

Pam Holnback said...

Love what happened here in the sort amount of time.

Barbara Pask said...

Is is wonderful and fresh, such great colors. I do quick studies from time to time and allow myself an hour. such good practice.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Very refreshing spontaneous painting! Love it!

Nancy Laliberte said...

The timer is my friend! It really does help you focus!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Ooh, Kelley this is just the post I needed to see this morning! Very inspirational, may have to give the timer a little go-round.