Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's Your Name?

"Blueness"
12x12 Oil on museum quality panel
$900
Providence Gallery, "Hip to Be Square" Show, Dec. 3rd

My students are a gift.  Today in class, I called one of my students "Natalie"...not only is that not her name, I don't know anyone by that name and she actually knew that I was talking about her.  God love "Natalie" and all my students.  Despite my "lapses" they have suggested that I post snippets of  knowledge on a weekly basis.  So later this week, I will add a page to my blog where I will post a new teaching "snippet".  I look forward to hearing from you. 

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, okay, Stop it! Just stop it! I am a blue person. Your painting is beautiful. Your geraniums were beautiful. Just stop this. I can't afford to buy every painting you paint for Pete's sake!

Anonymous said...

This piece looks just awesome...wish I could see it in person. I agree with Melanie...except I say...don't stop!

Maria's Watercolor said...

The flowers are lovely and I look forward to the snippets, I could use many snippets, there are so many to learn!

martinealison said...

Les fleurs bleues m'attirent vos bleus m'enchantent, vous avec vos couleurs et vos fleurs m'enivrent aujourd'hui... Bises

Leslie Saeta said...

Stunning! The colors are amazing.

Stephen Parker said...

Wonderful light — and blueness. Very nice.

mary maxam said...

fresh and gorgeous! this is a favorite!

Karen Bruson said...

Wow, just beautiful. I love the squared shapes of the white flowers. Also, the blues throughout and how you carried it along the edge of the white table.

Gary Keimig said...

really nice. I love blues myself and you nailed this one Kelly.
My gosh. misnaming a person. You are going to grow up like Gary Keimig if you are not careful. I have always had a terrible time with my daughters calling my odest after my older little sister and my youngest after my youngest little sister. ???

andres rueda said...

Un gran trabajo, felicidades

Andres

r garriott said...

I love your rich, saturated colors! That blue is...WOW!