Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Subject

"Enter Madame"
6x8  Oil on museum quality panel
$95

Continuing to stretch the abstraction in my work, I decided to attempt a floral.  I've painted still lifes for so long, thought this might give me an advantage but I found myself struggling to be accurate.  In the end, I was pleased with the outcome.  Having taxed my brain in painting, I've completely lost the ability to name my works.  So I've decided to steal the names of movies from one of my favorite actors, Cary Grant.  The names might not really reflect the painting but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.  Now have to go rent "Enter Madame", having never seen or heard of it. 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just loving this path you are on...and the titling, how ingenious of you. cant wait to see more and their fun titles!

Dana Cooper said...

This new direction of abstraction is very appealing Kelley!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Love the abstraction, and the mosaic-like quality!

Unknown said...

Awe, the flowering, beautiful work from my sister. Nice job!

Stephanie Berry said...

This is very successful--lovely.

Kathy Cousart said...

Really wonderful loose and fun! Gorgeous brushwork:)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Fabulous brushwork. You're getting it done.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Stunning, Kelley. Love the colors and the abstraction.