Thursday, July 21, 2011

From the Pantry Series, # 3

"Sardines, anyone?"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
$125

I've been a little behind in painting for my "From the Pantry" series.   After the first two paintings, I quickly discovered that I, in fact, have a very boring pantry!  Recently moved, I'm assuming that I just threw out all of my "inspirational" items.  So what is a girl to do, go shopping, of course.  Who knew, that Sardines came in such colorful tins.  I'm now changing how I stock my pantry.  By color, not content!  Might make for some interesting paintings, not so sure about the meals. 

6 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Adorable! Of course I would buy them for the color - not the food - I can't bring myself to eat sardines - although my Dad always told me I should. *sigh* Why am I more attracted to donuts?

Anonymous said...

Who knew sardines could be so pretty!!! I just love how you rendered the pull tab....the shadow and tin....lovely! Wonderful ....can't say I could find such interesting things in my pantry :)

Fay Terry said...

Great idea, Kelly-your pantry won't be boring for long.
Love this painting.

Jeff Sanford said...

Bob Ross would use smoked sardines for the color! Get the cans based on oil cause acrylic sardines don't taste very good. Plus you'll have something to paint with if you run out of oil paint!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Just checking... are you melting?

Kathy Cousart said...

Wonderful fun painting! I would have picked the pink cans too! I really like the pull tab on top and how you painted that. Great idea for a series! Keep 'em coming!