Monday, September 26, 2011

Paint & Pain

"Pathway"
6x6   oil on museum quality panel
$125
 

A few days ago I sliced my right index finger and thumb.  Bummer!  So I've been having a blast trying to do lots of things with limited mobility.  Never realized how many things require the use of your index finger & thumb together.  So, painting wasn't on my list today.  However, enter Julie Hill, my dear friend.  She was having none of me not painting despite my whining that my thumb was hurting.  So just to prove to her that I could still paint, I wrapped my thumb with 3 band-aids & off I went.  I have to say I choose a simple subject that would allow me to use only a big brush.  Glad I pushed through.  Thanks, Julie.  I'll call when my thumb stops throbbing!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! You go girl. You have just proved my point...you are a phenomenal artist whose gift can not be hidden by pain or circumstance! No excuses for releasing the brilliance!

Anonymous said...

P.S.

...is your thumb still throbbing?

Dana Cooper said...

So glad Julie pushed you to do this...we think the throbbing was worth it! :)
Hope you are better soon!!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Poor baby! I had no idea Julie was so heartless ;)

See? You did JUST FINE!

I seriously hope you're doing better today!
xo

Carol Pighin said...

Hi Kelley,
Glad you are painting. What is a little pain when the results are so beautiful.

Carol Pighin said...

I'm gald that you painted through the pain. The result was beautiful.

Jerry Stocks said...

Beautiful painting and hope the thumb is recovering.

martinealison said...

Avec les explications, cette peinture est le fruit d'une souffrance!
Cependant le chemin me paraît bien agréable... je pense qu'en route, le plaisir venant, l'affliction a perdu de son intensité.
Bien belle peinture...
Gros bisous

Cependant les coupures font souvent très mal.

SUSAN RODEN said...

You know a glass of wine helps anything that ails you Kelley! Bust out the vino and you will feel so much better. Need some shipped to you?
Lovely painting Kelley:)