Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is It Too Early for Baseball? SOLD

"Cracker Jacks, Anyone?
6x6  Oil on Canvas
SOLD

Growing up in a house where your brother & mother are avid sports fans, this "girlie" girl had no choice but to choose a sport to be interested in.   So baseball was it & the Atlanta Braves were the team.  Thankfully, I have a nephew who also plays & loves baseball.  Over the holidays, I painted him a baseball and thus the inspiration for a new series was born.  I'm not sure why I thought painting a box of Cracker Jacks would be the place to start but here it is.  I keep hoping each season that the Braves will channel their success from the early nineties.  Until then, I hope you will enjoy the series.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!!!! My mouth is watering...and wondering what the little treat inside will be? Love it.

Dana Cooper said...

There is always room for Cracker Jacks! Great job Kelley!!

Susan Roden said...

So cool Kelley! And I love cracker jacks . . . oh wait, maybe it's their little prizes I crave?

Jerry Stocks said...

This is a dear painting. I know whoever bought it will enjoy it tremendously.

Karen Bruson said...

Really fun. Great job!