Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Knock at the Door

"Penny's Flower"
6x6  Oil on museum quality panel
$95

I recently moved & have been unpacking, getting organized & trying to "decorate".  All things that I love to do, NOT!  It was so nice to take a break from 'house duties" to get back to my studio.  Last Friday, a knock at the door brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers from a friend & fellow artist, Penny.  I was surprised that she had sent flowers since our last conversation was about how I wasn't inspired to paint flowers at all.   I'm sure she knew that if I sat and looked at these gorgeous flowers all weekend  that I'd be painting them again.  Penny is one smart cookie.  Thanks Penny!

13 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Well, there you go - you are smart to have listened to her! Yay Penny! Why don't you paint flowers MORE? This is great - and I think I have the same vase!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Have missed your posts. Lovely one here. Hope you find more time soon. Good luck with all the "fun" unpacking.

Rod said...

OHH- very NICE!

Anonymous said...

Now Penny is my kinda gal...just throw it at ya!! lovely piece today, and I adore the pink in the shadow and in the glimmer of the glass.

Dana Cooper said...

Kelley, there is so much to love about this piece starting with the color and brushwork...fabulous!!

Pam Holnback said...

You should paint flowers more often. The values in this are great! Love the loose brushwork!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the way the focus is drawn to the center of the flower in a very subtle way by way of those creamy pinks until that gorgeous yellow holds you there. Really so nice. I'm joining in with the chorus for more flowers,please!

Carol Kershner Pighin said...

So happy that you are back to work. I love seeing your beautiful paintings. I hope to get back to painting tomorrow after a wonderful 16 days in California.

Carol Kershner Pighin said...

So happy you are back painting. I love seeing your beautiful pieces everyday. I hope to start painting tomorrow. After being on vacation in California for 16 days, I'm really inspired.

Jerry Stocks said...

Lovely painting and so glad the gift from a friend inspired you. The colors are so soft and muted.

mary maxam said...

From the looks of this you must LOVE to paint flowers- it's really wonderful. Good luck with the move!

Marian Fortunati said...

Always love your flowers!!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

wonderful atmospher! Very beautiful painting!