Monday, February 13, 2012

Exploring

"Redhead"
15x22 
Watercolor, gouache on Paper

This is from Day 3 of the workshop.  The painting is a combination of eyedropper drawing, charcoal, watercolor wash & rolled on paint with watercolor & gouache. I've included progress photos below.  This has been a great exploration for me.   I did watercolor about 10 years ago & vowed never to go there again.  Yet here I am but in a very different approach to this medium. Can't say that I'll live in this world on a regular basis, it has certainly opened up a lot of avenues in my approach in oil.  Time will tell if I can translate all that I learned this weekend.  Thanks, Kate.  You rock!!!!!!!!!!

Eyedropper Drawing

Building Up   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful Kelley...have to say I was very excited that you were in our watercolor world, even if it was just for a bit. But very excited for what you are going to do with your oils!!Bring it on girlfriend!!

Dana Cooper said...

This exploration looks like great fun Kelley and one we all need to explore at some point in this journey. Can't wait to see what comes from this!