Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Out of Practice - SOLD!

  
"Barb's View"
6x6  Oil on Panel
$125


The last time I painted "en plein aire", Lincoln might have been president.  I did this for my Wedneday morning art class and my students did great.  Needless to say, my skills were rusty.  I won't mention the backhoe constant sounds, the small rain delay & chilled air because it was soooooo fabulous to be outside painting in February!  Looking forward to next Wednesday, weather permitting.  I'll share my students pieces as soon as I receive their images.

Here are a few images from my students' plein air experience.   I think they did a fanastic job for newbies to painting outside in less than ideal conditions.  I'm proud of ya!


3 comments:

Fay Terry said...

If your skills were rusty, it doesn't show at all. This one looks so good and you created a really nice atmospheric feeling.

Jerry Stocks said...

You may feel out of practice, but this is one fabulous painting. Lucky students. I would love to come take one of your week-end workshops. Please let me know.

Anonymous said...

What a fresh piece....I don't see any rust flakes though :)