Monday, July 26, 2010

Cure for Insomnia

"Digging in the Sand"
6x6  $95

Lucky to have painted something at all today.  Here's why, I'm not a great sleeper but throw in 100 degree plus days and not much cooling at night & it's little sleep for moi.  However, last night I discovered a cure.  After playing backgammon & hangman for several hours (no sleep in sight), I turned to my fellow DPO painters to look at their work again.  I have to say that several have been painting yummy food.  So after about an hour of drooling, starving,  looking (now 4 o'clock am), I went to the freezer and grabbed a Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bar.  By 4:30, I was fast asleep.  Thanks Weight Watchers and the food painting DPO girls. Now the only question is what to give up...trying to lose weight or sleep?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this painting is just superb. I love the way you captured the ocean breezes and the white of the shirt. Once again, well done my friend!

LindaHunt said...

Nice painting...I love the way the forms blend into one another...very interesting. I too am one who has a tough time sleeping. I keep a stash of 1 point bars just in case I need a chocolate fix.

SUSAN RODEN said...

You asked such a hard question Kelley! Think it's the sleep though. (and I've been eating my props - even worse!)

Love your beach scene and sure wish I could visit. Been a hectic past 2 weeks, so could use a break like this. Guess I'll have to settle dreaming as I gaze at your painting.

martinealison said...

Hi,
Captivant... Lumière généreuse, tu nous attrapes... l'essentiel est là tout en douceur et à la fois tout en force. Bravo! Et puis en ce qui concerne votre poids! Arrêtez un peu je suis certaine qu'un peu de glace ne vous fera pas grossir! Il faut bien vivre et profiter... bisous

Dana Cooper said...

Very well done Kelley...so sorry about the sleeping issue, what a bummer!

Leslie Saeta said...

Lovely painting ... especially with no sleep! My goodness! Try a nice cool bath ... that always works for me.

Ralph said...

Give up on the losing weight you look just great to me and painting as you do just think if it is working dont fix it.

Melanie Statnick said...

Hi Kelley, this has a nice soft look. Very pretty

mary maxam said...

Such a wonderful soft palette and it really gives a beautiful feeling tone to the scene...
I think a ww bar sounds like a brilliant solution...I've got to get some

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

This painting really speaks to me. I love the shapes and the simplicity with which you painted it. Great one!