Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crazy Life -NFS

"San Biago, Montepulciano"
6x6   oil on panel
$95
July was suppose to be my down time, to paint, relax, maybe read a book.  Well, the joke is on me.  It's been crazy.  Evidently, I have to create my own serenity.  So for my 100th posting, I painted myself a view of the ocean and today, it's one of my favorite views from Italy.  The duomo, San Biago is in the Tuscan region of Italy outside a wonderful small town of Montepulciano.  The view is magnificent and you look out across the vast landscape of Tuscany.  If you ever have the opportunity to visit, go!  I'm off for a walk around the city and to find a good glass of wine.  Ciao.


8 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

What a great piece. Love the brushwork. Makes me want to go to Italy! Enjoy the wine!

martinealison said...

Je crois que nous allons être plus de deux à te donner rendez-vous en Toscane pour la beauté, la lumière et l'atmosphère de cette région d'Italie. Rien n'est gâché accompagné d'un petit verre de vin bien sûr!
Belle peinture, généreuse en couleurs, comme il se doit! Bravo.
Best regards.

Sandra Galda said...

great structure to paint!!!

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely piece, it brings back memories!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the light in this and all of that great bright red. Beautiful!

LindaHunt said...

Love the energy and brushwork...the red is very beautiful and lights up the entire painting from within.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Lovely colors, strong values. Aaaahhh, to be in Tuscany! I will join you for that glass of wine!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Very nice. Looks like a a great place to see.