Monday, July 5, 2010

What's for Dinner?

"The Catch"
6x6 oil on panel
$95

Painting fishermen is always fun for me but is it rewarding for the fishermen?  I have yet to get a photo of these guys catching anything.  I think it's just a ruse to get out of the house. The age old stories of fishermen stopping by the fish market to buy their "catch" can't all be false.  Or is this their version of I'm heading to the studio to paint and then coming home unable to produce a piece only to say "I wiped off my painting"?   In the end, it's all good if you're having fun.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am loving your titles lately...so fresh. How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Ah yes..it's all good! And this painting is all good! Well done Kelley.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Beautiful light in this painting! Thank you so much for your welcoming comments and I am delighted to be part of such a talented group of artists.

SUSAN RODEN said...

I always went fishing with my Dad and brothers Kelley. Was shocked when I heard a friend said they went to the store to buy their catch - but my Dad was never skunked. Great times and a great painting - thank you for the fond memories!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful light in this painting! Thank you so much for your welcoming comments and I am delighted to be part of such a talented group of artists. Catherine Jeffrey.

Shirley Marshall said...

A very lovely painting - fresh ! like the catch ! - well hoping...

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Love the color combos in this and the feeling of warmth--and the absence of the smell of fish..:)) You always make me smile with your writing!