Friday, July 9, 2010

It's Not a Black Purse!

"Pansies"
6x6  oil on paper
$95 

Note to self, don't ever try to paint a shiny, embossed, black patent leather purse.  Another wipe off but quickly moved to these pretty pansies.    I'm having lots of fun playing with oil on paper.  Seeing how the brush reacts, trying to stay loose, seeing what subject matter works and what doesn't.  Guess I'm glad that the purse painting didn't work out.  Maybe I should do a series of paintings called "It's not....".  What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

However you got here...I love it! I am really enjoying the flowers series on paper. Well Done!!!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

looks like somebody had fun at the easel today...:))) Juicy and loose--love it!

mary maxam said...

Absolutely charming pansies and I love the "it's not... " idea, i'll be interested to see what develops. p.s.- "Enchanted April" is a wonderful movie :)

Caroline Peña Bray said...

As in Magritte and 'C'est ne pas...'? Why not! It's about time there was an up to date take on it :) These pansies are great, love their size. A good call with the purse! Shiny stuff can be really hard...really hard!