Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roll 'em out!

"Fifth Wheel"
5x10   oil on paper
$95

First day in the studio since my students have gone.  With grandiose plans, I went to the easel and started a painting.  Two hours later it no longer existed, not that it's bad thing.  Getting back into a routine of painting usually doesn't happen with the first painting back.  So I took a break and came back deciding to start simply.  Cherries.  There is something about painting cherries that can brighten my day.  Maybe it's in setting them up, all I usually have to do is roll them out of the bag onto the table & instant Still Life!  I have also set myself a goal of limiting the number of brushstrokes to describe my subject.  So between now & July 12th, limited brushstrokes is the "word of the day".  Let's see what happens. 

5 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

Great post. I love that red, and your title. Ive been seeing alot of canvas on paper as of late.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Happy vibrant painting---your escape into having fun in your studio is showing..:))

Kerri Settle said...

Great idea! I love the simplicity of brushstrokes and values in your cherry painting. It works!

Kristin said...

The cherries that you painted look good enough to eat! I love the colors in the shadows and the brushstrokes have really great energy, like the cherries are in motion!

Anonymous said...

This title is so great..limited brushstrokes...is that like saying what you need with fewer words? Excited to see what comes!