Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's not Triple Chocolate Mousse!

"Cherries & White Pitcher"
6x6  oil on canvas
$95

So I left the bakery this morning with a triple chocolate mousse cake & a  lemon curd cupcake to paint.  That's why I painted cherries & a white pitcher.  It was a major wipe out day.  Couldn't get enough light on the desserts to give me any shadows without melting the subject matter.  Did I mention that it was around 100 degrees today?  Anyway I think my painting looks more refreshing than a triple chocolate mousse cake.  And before anyone asks, the mousse cake collapsed onto itself and the cupcake was my mom's afternoon snack.  Stay cool!

6 comments:

Johanna Spinks said...

Wipeouts are a challenge to overcome and not throw in the towel. You survived the challenge well. This is great.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Need to take a stroll to San Diego Kelley - cool here. We could have a pastry party after painting!

Gwen Bell said...

Your end result looks delicious! I love the way those bright red cherries look on the pink plate and the way it shines up onto the pitcher.

Ok...fess up. You are a sugarholic. You ate both the mousse and the cupcake didn't you? It's ok...you can tell us.

martinealison said...

Je m'inviterais bien à une dégustation... cette tartelette m'appelle! Belle peinture, belles couleurs. Bisous.

Anonymous said...

Kelley, the blues in this make me want to sing...and I am not a singer...but if I were it would be a beautiful melody. The reflections in the pitcher are so lovely.

Melanie Statnick said...

yes its hot and i have had enough. I have had sinus headaches all week. The blue in this reminds me of victorian era. Pretty.