Monday, September 13, 2010

Testing the Limits


"White House"
6x6     $95

I evidently like to really push my own buttons.  I left my studio today without my best & favorite brushes, no palette knife & only had a few colors (not my regular palette) at home.  Nothing like trying to test my limits and my humor (evidently I brought that home).  So if you're wondering who painted this piece, I can say in all honesty it was...my blonde alter ego.  She's more colorful, lacking some brain cells and really likes the purple/pink combination. Woohoo!!!!!!  So cheers to a good week & lots of strong liquor.  Some good blonde jokes seem in order.  Who's got some?

10 comments:

bridget Hunter said...

Liking the lovely colours in the roof especially. It shows your talent no matter the materials to hand - its the tones !

Pam Holnback said...

It may be different, but it's a fun piece! I actually like the colors!

Anonymous said...

OK, so what does one do when "tool and paint" challenged?? Well this one (you) pumps out a phenomenal piece. Way to go! I think you like challenges...........

SUSAN RODEN said...

Okey here's a blonde joke for you Kelley, from one blonde to another:
A blonde was driving in a tiny red sports car as she knitted a sweater (amazing she knew how to knit, huh?) A highway patrol officer pulled up alongside her and said " Pull Over!". The Blonde smiled and said "No, it's a cardigan!"

Love your white house!

Unknown said...

Oh, Susan, I can't always count on you for a good laugh. Thanks, Kelley

LindaHunt said...

I really like this painting...it is different from your others but the color is exciting and beautiful!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I have done those things too many times to think it's funny! KELLEYWARP!
Seriously, though, you did a great job with what you had - the light is wonderful in this piece!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I love the colors, great piece.

Johanna Spinks said...

SWEET, SWEET, SWEET. Great color, great edges, hazy, ethereal study.

Stephen Parker said...

Hi, Kelley. Wonderful job creating light and shadow. Very inviting.