Saturday, September 25, 2010

Looking Foward to Spring?

"On the Tour"
SOLD

This is a piece I did earlier this year and was based on  a photo from one of my favorite cities, Charleston, SC.  In the spring, I'm planning to meet with a girlfriend from California and introduce her to this quintessential southern city.  So California girl meets the south.  Her name is Julie Hill and is a fellow daily painter.  We connected through our blogs and over the last 6 months have become good friends.  We've never met in person but talk several times a day, so this will be the first time we actually met.  Let's hope she can survive the humidity, southern accents and grits.  Looking forward to it! 

7 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

What a fun trip you ladies will have...beautiful painting Kelley!

LindaHunt said...

Love this painting....also enjoy Charleston! Hope that you both have a wonderful time together!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

How FUN! You will have a blast - you'll probably talk yourselves into a contented sleep every night and when you get back say "Heat? Humidity? All I remember was laughing!"
Enjoy.
Beautiful painting, too!

Anonymous said...

Laughing is absolutely right...how will the town manage the two of us? I am sure I wont care what the elements are...just can't wait!!!

martinealison said...

Je vous souhaite autant de bonheur de vous rencontrez que nous l'avons eu Susan et moi cet été. Bisous
belle toile....

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Kelley, what a lovely, sunny painting you have created here. I am not surprised that it is sold!

I love Charleston, have a bowl of she crab soup and some shrimp and grits for me! You can see my memories are all about food!

Pam Holnback said...

That sounds like a great time! I have emt several people w/whom I blog, and it is so much fun!