Monday, September 6, 2010

Sibling Rivalry, Sorta!

"Tomatoes, Study"
Oil on Paper
6x12    $175

Julie Hill, a dear friend, also painted tomatoes today.  We didn't know this until we emailed each other our paintings.   We think we were separated a birth.  My official take, she kicked me out earlier to go make discoveries and report back.  That's how I can resolve the few years in age difference.  I wasn't going to post this piece except that Julie wouldn't leave me alone until I did.  You know how younger siblings are...pester, pester, pester.  Go check out her site and pester her for me, please!!!!!!




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you crack me up...you ain't seen pestering yet girlfriend! And for the record....you didn't kick me out, I left so I could get a head start...you are that good! These tomatoes are fabulous!
P.S. I welcome all pestering ;)

Anonymous said...

I just realized..you are the older one..so I did kick you out!! So then you could go on to do the fabulous things and then share all your knowledge...big sis'!

Unknown said...

Glad you figured out the math on the age thing. Thanks for the compliment, now what do you want?

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Is this one on paper? It looks like it. I'm really enjoying the these. Funny that you both painted the same thing:)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Carrie. It is on paper.

martinealison said...

Bravo vous aussi pour ces tomates!!!!Bisous

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Love the format, . Very nice Kelly. I just love tomatoes. Wonderful reds!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

LOL!!!
What a funny person.
Beautiful work on paper.

Karen Bruson said...

As I told Julie, great minds think alike! Nice painting.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Karen. It's more like it takes 2 minds to have a thought. Haha.

LindaHunt said...

The color in this painting is quite striking...enjoy the brushwork!

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely painting Kelley...and though it may sound odd, I really like the color(?) of the background and how you handle the paint!

Anonymous said...

I like Karen's comment..."great minds think alike"...did you hear that Kelley, we have great minds!

Unknown said...

Julie, do you think she was on the right blog? Thanks, Karen.