Thursday, October 21, 2010

Full Circle

"Pears in Blue"
6x6   $95

Today was a good day.  Not in the way of  sold lots of paintings (did sell 4) & not in the way that I lost 10 lbs. (that would have been a miracle).   But in the way of a surprise reconnection of the first group of artists that I painted with 10 years ago.  I did a demo at the Charlotte Artist Society tonight and was delightfully surprised to see faces from my artistic past.  These are the men & women who knew me when I didn't have a clue about how to paint.  We travelled and painted together for several years & on which I look back fondly.  While I have definitely aged, I now understand value & color.  I'll trade a few more lines for that knowledge any day.  Thanks guys for coming and not heckling (such restraint).  I feel like I've come full circle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat that Charlotte got to see you demo....and what a fabulous artist you are (no matter where you came from).

Anonymous said...

Ooh wait......did you say you sold 4 paintings today! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Ooh wait......did you say you sold 4 paintings today! You rock!

Kim Blair said...

Congratulations on selling 4 paintings yesterday!
This pear painting is so delicate and pretty with its cool colour palette. Nice piece.
Kim

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

What is it about this little painting that is so charming? The soft colors? The peices of red peeking through? The composition? I cannot put my finger on it, but it definately has a special appeal.

Ruth Andre said...

This is a favorite. I love the soft palette. Whew-Lovely.