Thursday, October 21, 2010

Full Circle

"Pears in Blue"
6x6   $95

Today was a good day.  Not in the way of  sold lots of paintings (did sell 4) & not in the way that I lost 10 lbs. (that would have been a miracle).   But in the way of a surprise reconnection of the first group of artists that I painted with 10 years ago.  I did a demo at the Charlotte Artist Society tonight and was delightfully surprised to see faces from my artistic past.  These are the men & women who knew me when I didn't have a clue about how to paint.  We travelled and painted together for several years & on which I look back fondly.  While I have definitely aged, I now understand value & color.  I'll trade a few more lines for that knowledge any day.  Thanks guys for coming and not heckling (such restraint).  I feel like I've come full circle.
Post a Comment