Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ummm, it looks like a...?

"Peachy Keen"
6x6  Oil on museum quality panel
Reserved for Randy Higbee 6x6 Show


Here I go again.  Painting a flower that I have no clue it's name.  Now in my defense, this is a silk flower and sometimes it's hard to tell what it is.  Ok, so you're not buying that excuse.  How about I lost my glasses and can't see what it is?  Not buying that either?  Alright, lets just call it what it is...I have soooo much knowledge in my head, no room remaining to hold names of flowers.  Yeah, that works for me.  Well, I'm now off to work on my PhD in Nuclear Science. 

7 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Funny!! Love the painting of whatever it is:)

Anonymous said...

Ummm...,you crack me up! Let's just keep it simple here...its a rose. Reality is, even if you don't know what you are painting....what you are painting is phenomenal.

Kim Rempel said...

Beautiful - it's luminous!

Dana Cooper said...

Love the fresh brushwork in this Kelley!

Kim Blair said...

I like your brush/mark making in this piece, no matter what this flower is.
Kim

Ruth Andre said...

Kelly this is a favorite. I love the whole painting. Whew!

Kathy Weber said...

This is really lovely. You shouldn't have said it was silk! It looks so fresh and real.